Business Development Manager
Job description & requirements
As a high performing business development professional, you’ve a proven track record in sourcing, closing and executing strategic partnerships. Your strengths lie in the ability to uncover partners’ and customers’ needs to provide tailored solutions, negotiate complex deal structures and close deals to deliver results. You’ll grow relationships and drive initiatives that meet both our partners’ as well as CardUp’s business objectives to take our business to the next level.
- Drive overall revenue growth by developing and owning yearly business development plans and pipeline to achieve targets
- Identify strategic partners, build a pipeline of prioritised deals and manage the BD funnel
- Develop commercial proposals based on detailed understanding of partners’ needs and objectives, working closely with internal stakeholders like product, marketing, compliance and operations
- Negotiate commercial and contract terms and develop joint business plans between partners and CardUp
- Own the end-to-end partnership process including implementation of partnership campaigns, training and empowering partners’ sales teams to effectively articulate CardUp’s value proposition and solution to their end-users.
- Build and deepen partner relationships with new and existing partners, review and optimise partnership performance to grow revenue driven through partnerships.
- Ensure our BD approach is driven in line with CardUp operational and risk management processes.
- Gather feedback on how to enhance our product and service and work cross functionality to input into solution development.
- Grow partnerships channel to be a significant customer acquisition source driving revenue growth
- At least 5 years of experience sourcing and managing partnerships, commercial and contract negotiation and executing campaigns, in FinTech or cards and payments
- Minimum BSc/BA
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mind set – always looking for business opportunities
- Superb people skills and relationship building abilities
- Ability to manage complex, multi-faceted relationships
- Team player - no politics!
- Analytical and metrics-driven
- Flexible and able to multi-task, excellent project manager, ability to work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in the face of obstacles, proactive problem solver
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and quality
Apply for this job
Drop us an email at email@example.com with the following to apply:
- Name and contact details
- LinkedIn profile
- Short description of yourself, and why you believe you will be a good fit for this position