Head of Business Development
Job description & requirements
As a high performing business development professional, you’ve a proven track record in sourcing, closing and deepening strategic partnerships. Your strengths lie in the ability to uncover partners’ and customers’ needs to provide tailored solutions, negotiate complex deal structures and close deals to deliver results. You’ve experience in building C-level relationships across organisations of all sizes and excel at taking partnerships to the next level.
- Drive overall revenue growth by capitalising on new business opportunities and effectively communicating CardUp’s value proposition.
- Develop and own the regional business development team’s plans and strategies to achieve targets.
- Identify strategic partners, build a pipeline of prioritised deals and manage the BD funnel across all markets CardUp operates in.
- Develop commercial proposals and design tailored product solutions based on detailed understanding of partners’ needs, working closely with internal stakeholders like product, marketing, compliance and operations.
- Negotiate commercial and contract terms, develop joint business plans between partners and CardUp.
- Design and launch programs with channel partners, train and empower partners’ sales teams to effectively articulate CardUp’s value proposition and solution to their end-users.
- Manage partner relationships, review and optimise partnership performance to grow revenue driven through partnerships.
- Provide visibility into the pipeline at every stage and report on an ongoing basis to the wider team on revenue targets and forecasts.
- Ensure our BD approach is driven in line with CardUp operational and risk management processes.
- Gather feedback on how to enhance our product and service and work cross functionality to input into solution development.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in business development including sourcing and managing partnerships as well as contract negotiation, in FinTech or Cards and Payments
- Strong consultative selling skills and a proven track record of closing complex deals and commercial negotiations
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mind set – always looking for business opportunities and an ability to solve complex problems
- Team player (no politics!) - able to work well across functional areas
- Able to execute on plans within a fast-paced dynamic tech environment
- Strong operations management experience, ideally in the payments industry
- Excellent communication skills and personal qualities of integrity, credibility and quality
Apply for this job
Drop us an email at email@example.com with the following to apply:
- Name and contact details
- LinkedIn profile
- Short description of yourself, and why you believe you will be a good fit for this position