Job description & requirements
As Compliance Manager, you will help to build trust with our customers, partners and the regulators by creating and implementing risk and compliance standards. You will provide insights into our operations that help us scale, whilst managing risk and maintaining an exceptional customer experience at all times. You must be comfortable being part of a team to problem solve and build up a function from a blank state as pre-packaged solutions may not be an option.
- Conduct internal investigations and reviews of risk and compliance and update management on findings with recommendations on how to further improve in these areas.
- Assess and monitor risk exposures on an ongoing basis across product, compliance, or operations. Develop and implement risk management strategies to mitigate any risk exposures.
- Draft and disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Use your deep understanding of regulatory requirements to verify that all company and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, communicated, and are continuously adhered to. Ensure employees are trained on these topics.
- Use your deep understanding of chargeback management and mitigation to manage disputes and find resolutions. Provide required information related to chargebacks to our partners.
- Work with CardUp's product team to continuously improve operational processes to ensure compliance, including KYC and transaction monitoring.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities in internal and external compliance.
- Keep informed regarding pending industry changes, trends and best practices and assess the potential impact of these changes on organiSational processes.
- 5 years of risk management experience in the financial services, payments, or fintech industry.
- An established track record in managing operational risk and risk relationships with financial partners.
- Strong academic background and relevant industry certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of MAS regulatory requirements (AML, Payments Oversight Act etc).
- Interest in new technologies and how they can make compliance more efficient is a must.
- Enjoy working across the ops team and the product team to help automate as many risk and compliance features as possible.
- Be informed of relevant regulations and thinking beyond what is currently standard, to how compliance should be.
- Proven track record to show strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize and complete tasks with tight deadlines
- Critical mindset, curious and problem-solving attitude
- Sound judgment and strong sense of ethics
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simply explain complex situations in English and Chinese (written and verbal)
- Hands-on attitude and ability to handle multiple priorities and manage various stakeholders without compromising on quality
Apply for this job
Drop us an email at email@example.com with the following to apply:
- Name and contact details
- LinkedIn profile
- Short description of yourself, and why you believe you will be a good fit for this position