Job description & requirements
As Compliance Manager, you will help to build trust with our customers, partners and the regulators by creating and implementing risk and compliance standards. You will provide insights into our operations that help us scale, whilst managing risk and maintaining an exceptional customer experience at all times. You must be comfortable being part of a team to problem solve and think of new solutions as pre-packaged solutions may not be an option.
- Seamlessly operate the day to day across KYC/KYB, AML, CFT, fraud investigations etc to ensure the company's operations run compliantly at all times.
- Assess and monitor risk exposures on an ongoing basis across product, compliance, or operations. Develop and implement risk management strategies to mitigate any risk exposures.
- Use your deep understanding of regulatory requirements to verify that all company and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, communicated, and are continuously adhered to. Draft and disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities and ensure employees are trained on these topics.
- Advise senior management on risk and governance requirements across APAC.
- Use your deep understanding of chargeback management and mitigation to manage disputes and find resolutions.
- Serve as a confidential point of contact for employees to communicate with management, seek clarification on issues or dilemmas, or report irregularities in internal and external compliance.
- Manage our regulatory relationship and reporting with MAS and keep informed regarding industry changes and updates to the Payment Services Act, to assess the impact on organizational processes.
- 6+ years of compliance and risk management experience in the financial services, payments, or fintech industry.
- Strong academic background and relevant industry certifications.
- Skills including qualitative and quantitative methods for risk management with an understanding of ERM and CSA frameworks.
- An established track record in managing operational risk and risk relationships with financial partners and regulators.
- Strong academic background and relevant industry certifications a plus.
- Knowledge of MAS regulatory requirements (AML, Payments Services Act etc) a must
- Interest in new technologies and how they can make compliance more efficient.
- Proven track record to show strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize and complete tasks with tight deadlines
- Critical mindset, curious and problem-solving attitude
- Sound judgment and strong sense of ethics
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simply explain complex situations in English and Chinese (a plus)
- Hands-on attitude and ability to handle multiple priorities and manage various stakeholders without compromising on quality
Apply for this job
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following to apply:
- Name and contact details
- LinkedIn profile
- Short description of yourself, and why you believe you will be a good fit for this position