Product Manager (API Platform)
Job description & requirements
As the Product Manager for our API solutions, you’ll be responsible for building easy-to-use, highly reliable customer-facing API products that supporting a range of offerings and fuel CardUp’s growth. You’ll have excellent analytical skills and take a data driven approach to everything you do. You’re obsessive about understanding customer behaviour and delivering an exceptional experience to clients and partners.
- Lead the product strategy, roadmap and product delivery for CardUp’s API products.
- Understand the needs of customers and partners and design scalable, best-in-class API offerings to serve them.
- Collaborate with engineering team to develop code samples in a variety of languages to help developers more easily consume our APIs. Craft high-quality, easy-to-use API product documentation.
- Streamline customer onboarding, integration and support processes to create a seamless experience for API customers and partners.
- Share product plans and progress on KPIs during monthly company-wide meetings to ensure clear communication about scope, timelines, and risks with a focus on customers and business goals.
- Manage each stage of the API product lifecycle from development to testing (functional, security, and performance), deployment, iterations/release management, and retirement by collaborating with Technology, Business Development, and Marketing teams.
- Proactively aid engineering and business development teams in resolving product and technical issues that may arise, delivering an outstanding customer experience always.
- At least 5 years' experience in product management.
- Hands-on track record as a product manager shipping a successful API strategy
- Experience in building and consuming modern APIs
- Expertise in API specification and documentation formats like Swagger
- First-hand experience with API code-gen tools and understand the trade offs and limitations
- Must know all product management related skills (use story building, personas, rough sketching, driving the execution, requirement management, product testing and verification)
- Proven expertise in launching, commercialising and growing API platforms, with experience in the fintech and payments space a big plus.
- Good to have: Familiarity with industry API tooling such as SOAPUI, Postman, AppDynamics, API Fortress, Burp Suite, Apigee, Dynatrace, Kong, Axway etc.
- MS/BS degree in computer science, math’s or engineering preferred.
- Team player - no politics!
- High sense of urgency.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and quality.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment.
- Do what is right, not what is easy
- Together we are stronger
- The best is yet to be
- Make it happen
Apply for this job
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following to apply:
- Name and contact details
- LinkedIn profile
- Short description of yourself, and why you believe you will be a good fit for this position