Job description & requirements
As a User Researcher, you’ll be a trusted voice of the customer, championing the use of research to drive product direction and growth, with a focus on increasing product adoption and utilisation.
Research plays a key part in the product development process and in defining successful growth strategies, by helping the team deeply understand the needs, experiences, thinking and workflows of our users and target customers.
As a researcher, you measure the value of your work through real business impact, created via execution on the actionable insights you generate. To achieve this, you’ll work closely with Product Managers, Designers, Data Analysts, Product Marketers and Engineers to define and prioritise research problems and execute research studies to solve them. You'll own and drive projects from start to finish, including socialising key insights across the company.
As a leader in your domain, you’ll help evolve our research capabilities and methodologies to meet the company’s evolving needs and advise teammates on how to effectively apply user research methods in their own projects.
The role is ideal for someone with a strong interest and experience in the B2B software and financial technology space, with a focus on product-led growth.
- Run research studies: Provide actionable insights to the product and growth teams on problem discovery and solution discovery. Own end-to-end project management, from questionnaire design, participant sourcing, execution, analysis and sharing of insights within the project timeline.
- Manage our insights database and documentation: Drive the consolidation of insights across primary research and secondary channels like sales, customer service queries, and in-product surveys, pulling together a cohesive picture of our customers that product and growth teams can easily search and reference.
- Manage the research roadmap: Effectively prioritize your research efforts, aligning with product teams on impact and company objectives. Determine when to apply scrappy versus rigorous research, evaluating the balance of trade-offs.
- Socialize research insights: Present important discoveries, ensuring all relevant teams are aware of, understand, and can apply recommendations.
- Thought leadership: Through your research, build a knowledge base that positions yourself as an expert in the voice of the customer.
- Mentoring to scale research across the company: Guide Product Managers and Product Designers to conduct research with a high degree of rigor.
- Expertise in conducting end-to-end user research studies: Planning, recruitment, execution, analysis, and delivery.
- Experience in research methods and when to apply them, including user interviews, usability testing, concept validation, Job-to-be-done interviews, surveys, customer journey mapping, data analysis and more.
- Experience in instrumenting analytics to measure the user experience over time at scale, including NPS, SUS, and more.
- An expert understanding of rigour and validity in research and how to make trade-offs to answer key questions within project and timeline constraints.
- An ability to develop strong partnerships with PMs, designers and marketers – to positively challenge assumptions, create clarity in ambiguity, and define direction.
- You manage your workload proactively and suggest solutions to re-align competing priorities. You’re trusted by peers to ship quality work consistently and are a model for reliability.
- You are comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous problem spaces.
- Bonus: You’ve worked in both consumer and B2B domains and have tackled complex product challenges with payments and finance workflows.
Apply for this job
Drop us an email at email@example.com with the following to apply:
- Name and contact details
- LinkedIn profile
- Short description of yourself, and why you believe you will be a good fit for this position